Earlier this week, I introduced you to Arbonne products, and I really hope that you will try the brand as it is totally worth it! If you do, please let me know in the comments!
Being the makeup addict that I am, my independent consultant was kind enough to let me play with her whole makeup collection for a full week a little while back (how generous of her?!). I experimented with eyeshadows, lipsticks, foundations, and I’ll be honest with you…this is some serious quality! Here are my thoughts on Arbonne makeup products*.
- Eyeshadows: All eyeshadows are VERY pigmented and have a very smooth texture, even the ones with glitter, which makes them very blendable. To be honest, these are some of the most pigmented shadows I have tried!
- Eye pencils: Eye pencils come in 6 different colours. The texture is quite creamy so it is easy to apply on lids, but the product stays in place once applied. Again, the pigmentation is excellent.
- Mascara: I have already told you my opinion on the mascara, no need to repeat myself 😉
- Eye primer: The eye primer has a light beige tint and dries nicely. It does hold eyeshadows in place and it is very lightweight.
- Eyebrow pencils: These are really great: very pigmented and not dry at all!
- Concealer: The concealer comes in a compact, in 3 different shades. The coverage is medium to full and I personally really like that it comes in a compact: less waste! Arbonne now has liquid concealers in a larger range of shades.
- Liquid foundation: When I think of a watery foundation, I think of “sheer and mostly glowy coverage”, which is not my type. But this foundation really surprised me: it has the most natural finish (read: we cannot see the foundation on the skin) and has a medium coverage. Perfect for an everyday makeup! A must-buy for sure!
- Powder foundation: I used the loose powder foundation to set my liquid foundation and to balance the colour (I picked a liquid foundation that was too pink so I used a powder that was more yellow-toned). The result was flawless and very natural-looking!
- CC cream: The CC cream has a sheer coverage and according to Arbonne’s website, it “primes, mattifies and brightens”. Perfect for anyone who wants a unified skin tone without too much coverage.
- Face primer: I have to be honest, I FORGOT to prime. Yep, that happens to me sometimes… So, sorry, cannot review
- Highlighter: I am not really a fan of liquid highlighters, because I just looove my powders, but this highlight is gorgeous! It’s not too shiny so it can be used alone on top on foundation (like you would do with a powder highlight), or mixed with the liquid foundation for a glowy look.
- Blush: Once again, Arbonne strikes with perfect pigmentation! I was surprised and put a tiny bit too much on my cheeks when testing the colours 😉 And I have to say: that colour range is pretty sweet!!
- Brushes: With 3 face brushes and 3 eye brushes, Arbonne’s brush kit is a good start for anyone who is looking for a basic brush kit. The bristles are soft and application and blending are made easy.
- Lip liners: Just like the eye pencils, the lip liners are creamy, pigmented, and quite long-lasting too (my lipstick was gone before the liner was)!
- Lipsticks: 2 words: SO PIGMENTED! They smell amazingly nice (think vanilla meets that childhood play-doh smell but in a good way), smooth over lips perfectly well, and you just need one application to get the full colour. Also, the colour range is pretty great!
- Glosses: I am not a fan of glosses but I couldn’t resist trying them! The colour range is very interesting and the formula is not too sticky: I almost forgot I was wearing gloss 😉
My top favourites: the liquid foundation and the lipsticks! However, I was positively surprised by all makeup products and I will for sure recommend them to anyone. Any products you have already tried and love? Let me know in the comments!
*Arbonne has very recently updated the makeup collection: some items are discontinued, while others have been added. Check the website for the updated makeup collection!