What a week it has been for the blog!! :O On Monday, I reached 400 followers here on WordPress (thank you!!!), on Tuesday, I reached 500 followers on Instagram, and on Wednesday, the lovely Joy from the blog Mademoiselle O’Lantern nominated me for the Brotherhood of the World Blogger Award!! Wow! I couldn’t be happier and all these achievements motivate me to work even harder and to create better content.
First of all, a big thank you to Joy for nominating me, it means the world to me. Blogging can be so lonely without a community and Joy has supported me SO much here and on my Instagram ever since she started following me. I highly recommend that you check out her blog and her Instagram: she has great content and beautiful pictures!!
Here are the rules for the award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to his/her blog
- List the rules of the award and post a picture of the award
- Answer the questions from your nominator
- Nominate 10 other bloggers and be sure to let them know
- Write a list of questions of your nominees to answer
Here are the questions that were asked:
- What is one thing that you wish you can do but you are scared to do?
For a very long time (about 8 years or so), I have been dreaming about moving to another country or another city far from my hometown. I am in love with Stockholm and Toronto, but I am very scared to make the move!! This would be a big change for me because the vast majority of my friends are here, and I am scared to live in a completely different environment and culture where I can’t really use my first language (French). Scary!! Maybe I’ll move to Toronto or Sweden someday, but I don’t feel ready just yet.
- What is the next destination on your travel bucket list?
There are so many places I want to visit, I don’t know where to go first! At the moment, I am dreaming of Hawaii for the food, the sceneries, and also for the outdoor cat sanctuary that I want to visit and/or do volunteer work for. I would also love to visit the many castles of France and Scottland, and I think it’s a shame that I have never been to England! Oh, I also want to visit New Zealand someday because I’m a huge Lord of the Rings fan 😉
- What is your biggest blogging goal for this year?
I have 2. The first one is to reach 500 followers here on WordPress. It’s purely symbolic, but it also makes me very happy to see that a growing number of people are enjoying my content.
The second one, which is a little cheesy but totally honest, is to be able to stay passionate and have fun all year round while writing my blog. I feel that bloggers who have fun and are passionate about their topics have much better content, and that is what I aspire to be/remain.
- What are your 2018 resolutions?
I have quite a few, probably because I have high expectations for 2018 😉 You can read why here. In short, my resolutions for 2018 are to keep growing my blog and my Instagram community, to write better content and do more makeup looks post, to declutter my home (ugh), to keep learning Swedish more regularly, to eat vegetarian more often and… to become a cat mom!!! ❤
- Did you set some goals for 2017? If yes, did you achieve them?
I always set a few goals for myself at the beginning of each year. Last year, I wanted to learn more about SEO (which I did!), to try more eco-friendly cosmetics brands (I tried a few, but not as many as I hoped, so this is still a goal for 2018), to cook more often (I did a little bit, but not regularly), and to take time for myself (I nailed that one hehe! #teamselfcare).
- Are you a skincare junkie?
Hmm yes and no. I mean, I do love taking care of my skin and trying new skincare products, but if I compare this to my makeup obsession, then no, I am not a skincare junkie. I know a good skincare regimen is essential, especially in the long term, but makeup is just so much more fun!
- What is your favorite skincare product?
Ohh that’s a tough one… I am obsessed with anything that depuffs my eyes because I never get enough sleep and my eyes never look rested! 😦 I am loving The Ordinary’s Caffeine Solution 5% (review coming soon!). I am also obsessed with masks, and I really like the Glamglow ones even though they can be pricey. In the wintertime, I can’t live without my Caudalie Vinosource serum to help with the redness.
Voilà! That’s it for me! This was so fun to write, I hope you enjoyed reading it. Now I nominate the following blogs:
And here are the questions to answer:
- What makeup/skincare item was a game-changer for you?
- Who is your makeup/lifestyle/fashion inspiration or mentor and why?
- What motivates you to keep blogging?
- What is your ideal day like?
- If you could meet any person in the world, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
- If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?
- Do you plan to #treatyourself this year? If yes, how?
Looking forward to reading your responses!! Have fun! ❤