It is still very cold here in Montreal and the snow just won’t stop falling it seems… I am not complaining at all (I kinda like snow hehe), but this girl is getting tired of wearing winter boots and feeling cold all.the.time. Even though the weather here is around -15C every day, I felt like doing a summer makeup look, because why not! Oh summer days, how I long for thy!
I recently got this super cute eyeshadow palette from a friend and was so drawn to the gorgeous blue shades in it, especially that bottom right turquoise! How vibrant is it?! Also, the name of this palette, “Mojitos by the sea”, is perfect!
For the look, I was inspired by beaches and turquoise blue water. I went for a soft cut crease and in order to keep the focus on the poppin’ eyeshadows, I didn’t use eyeliner of false lashes.
I paired the blue eye makeup with a peachy lip and blush to make the eyes pop even more (peach and blue are complementary colours!). Because my skin is so pale in winter, I cheated with a little bronzer 😉
Overall, this look makes me long for summer and I just want to be on a beach, drinking a pina colada or a mojito and be working on my tan… Ugh!
Here are the products used:
On the eyes:
- Eyebrows are Laura Mercier eyebrow pencil in “Brunette”.
- Eyeshadow base is Lise Watier Ombre Velours Suprême in “Pêche Velours”, set with Make Up For Ever shadow in 00 (pure white).
- Eyeshadow palette is Avon Mark Eye Contact Hook Up Eyeshadow in “Mojitos by the sea” from the Havana Sol limited edition collection. The shadows don’t have individual names, so I gave them numbers, starting at the top left corner. In the crease is shade #2 and 3, the inner corner is #9, the outer corner is #8, the middle is #6, and the browbone highlight is #1.
- In the waterline is MAC Modern Twist Kajal Liner in “Polar Ice” (pure white).
****Tip: for any eyeshadow to pop (especially pastels and neons), wear a base that is lighter than your skin tone. Being quite fair, I used plain white eyeshadow to set my base.****
On the face:
- Foundation is Make Up For Ever HD foundation (a mix of 2 shades).
- Concealer is Nars soft matte complete concealer in “Crème Brulée”.
- Setting powder is MAC Mineralize skinfinish in “Medium”.
- Highlight is MAC Strobe cream in “peach”.
- Blush is The Face Shop Lovely Me Pastel Cushion Blusher in “Coral Cushion”.
- Contour is Sephora contour palette.
- Bronzer is Lise Watier bronzing powder in “Havana”.
On the lips:
- Lipstick is Arbonne Smoothed over lipstick in “Dream” (discontinued). I blotted the lipstick to make it look more like a tint.
- Lipgloss is MAC lipglass in “Lots of Laughs”.
I am happily surprised by the quality of this palette! The eyeshadows were nicely pigmented and blended easily. My only disappointment is that when I tried to press more eyeshadow on the lid, instead of adding pigment, it somehow faded instead… Meh 😦 Nonetheless, this is a super cute eyeshadow palette and I will definitely rock my blue/turquoise look all summer long!! Now can it be summer already please??