After a very cold winter here in Montreal, I am so ready to welcome you with open arms, dear March, the month that will have us say HELLO SPRING!! 🙂
February may be the shortest month of the year, but last month was packed! Here is my monthly update.
Last month, I:
- had a yummy southern style meal with my friends to celebrate a birthday. We went to Dinette Triple Crown, and it was excellent: comfort food that feels like it was made with love by your southern mama in your own kitchen. The mac n cheese is to die for!
- met for the first time in my life someone with the same name as me!
It took 24, almost 25 years for me to meet someone else named Marika, and believe me, my reaction was HUGE! This may sound crazy, but those with rare names will understand 😉
- participated in my first Escape the Room game, and yes, our team managed to escape! It was a little stressful but very fun.
- got a beautiful compliment at work that really made my day!
I exchanged a few phone calls with a representative about a possible contract with them, and the agent told me I was his favourite client to talk to! How sweet is that? I was so nervous prior to discussing the contract, but I did well 😉
- didn’t buy any makeup at all, for the second consecutive month!
In fact, all I bought (apart from food) was a book and a gift for my brother-in-law. Not bad!!
This month, I:
- will finally get a haircut, after almost 1 year of not going to the hair salon!
This may sound ridiculous, but I don’t take enough time for myself; to get my hair cut, get my nails done, go for a massage, or even just shopping for myself… I have to admit that I also never know how to cut my hair so that makes me delay hair appointments for sure!!
- am finally planning a trip to go somewhere warm with my friend in early April!!
I am SO excited about this, not only because I desperately need a vacation, but also because I have never been “in the south” aka a place where you can wear shorts or a bikini all day long. We are thinking Jamaica, Mexico, or maybe Martinique. We’ll see!
- will be working my ass off at work so I may not post as often as I usually do. 😦
But hey: extra work hours = extra money = extra trips/makeup/books/food!
Do you have any big plans for March?