This little blog has been growing slowly but steadily over the last couple months and I am very happy about it – and super proud of my efforts!
What’s even better than noticing your own success is when others notice it too!! I was delighted when the lovely Sarah from Vintage Tea Rose nominated me for the Awesome Blogger Award. Not only is her blog name super cute, but also her content is excellent: her pictures are gorgeous and she writes high-quality content about various topics (beauty, fashion, books, food, etc.). Have a look at her blog and thank me later 😉
Thank you a million times for the nomination, Sarah! ❤
Here are the rules for the Awesome Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- What is your first ever memory? I don’t have a specific memory because I’m terrible at remembering things, but I do have a few memories of sensations from my early childhood. I remember how everything was so high and everyone so tall compared to me, the fear that I could possibly fall into the toilet bowl (which seemed like a very legit fear at the time!), and not being able to fall asleep unless I was very tightly tucked in.
- What is your Zodiac sign and does its description describe you well? I am a Taurus, and oh gosh YES, the sign’s description is totally me! Taurus are said to be very loyal, hard-working, passionate people, with a taste for luxury and good food. That’s a pretty accurate description of me 😉 Even the category of the sign matches my personality: I am an “earth” sign, which means I am grounded, usually conservative and realistic, but also very emotional, and I stick with my people through hard times. All of this is true!!
- Would you rather visit the past or the future? Ohh that’s a tough one… I am curious to see how humans will live in the future, but I am not very positive about that, what with socials tensions, neverending wars, and the effects of global warming becoming more intense and visible every year… So I’d probably visit the past, which makes sense for me because I have always been very fond of the aesthetics from the 1920s-1950s and I often believe that I was born in the wrong era.
- What skills do you possess that could help you survive the zombie apocalypse? Oh boy… I would probably be the first to die in a zombie apocalypse! I don’t think I possess any skill that could be useful in the event of an apocalypse, but I have the ability to keep calm even in stressful situations, so that’s a plus, right? I am also not bad at sneaking without being seen or heard, and I possess a good sense of smell and hearing.
- If you could master one skill instantly, what would it be? Anything that would help me in a zombie apocalypse haha! No seriously, I would love to be able to fight like a badass, because, well, it’s very badass, but it can also be useful as safe-defense -or just to show off 😉 Other than that, I would love to instantly become an excellent hockey player and be more creative with my cooking.
- What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? I am surrounded by very good people, so there have been countless acts of kindness throughout the years. However, one event stands out: 2 years ago, I went on my second trip to Sweden, which is an expensive destination for a then-student. So for my birthday, a few weeks before my trip, a friend of mine contacted my other friends and together they gathered an amount of money for me to spoil myself a little during my trip. How amazing is that?! This was the best and most useful birthday gift ever!! I was very touched by my friends’ gift and I will never forget it.
- How do you wind down and relax? It is no secret that I am a bath addict. After a long stressful day, I love to light up a candle, do a little happy dance because it’s my favourite time of the day, and take a nice, hot bubble bath. Most probably followed by a mask. And maybe I’ll paint my nails if I need extra self-care time 😉
- What would you like to devote more time to? Makeup, for sure! With a full-time job, a blog that takes 20-30h a week, a social life, etc., it is hard to find the time to expand my makeup business and work on my portfolio (I am a freelance makeup artist). It makes me sad because it looks unprofessional and I have to explain my situation to potential clients. The less I practice, the less I trust my skills, and the less I feel confident to take contracts. 😦
- Do you have a current blogging goal? What is it? More or less. I do want to reach 500 followers on WordPress by the end of 2018, and I hope to do more sponsored reviews of makeup and skincare products, but the blog is a hobby and I want it to remain fun and healthy, so I don’t put too much pressure on that. Success doesn’t happen overnight, so I give myself some time.
- How have you changed in the past few years? What change are you happiest/proudest about? I am constantly changing and for the better, I think. I feel like every aspect of those “changes” were there for a long time, but I rarely or never expressed them before, which is why they may feel new to some people, but not for me. In the past few years, I have had less patience for bullshit, fake friends, and people who don’t bring me happiness. Life is too short, so I have decided to listen to my gut feelings, and so far, it’s the best decision I’ve made! I am most happy and proud of the fact that I am now openly expressing my interest in intersectional feminism and am hoping to become more active in bringing positive changes for women in society, even if I only manage to affect people around me.
- What is yourfavourite word? My first language is French, so I fell in love with French words before I did with English words. I really like “éphémère”, which translates to “ephemeral”. I like both the pronunciation and the meaning.
And here are the questions for you to answer:
- What was your favourite trip so far?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
- What was your dream job as a child?
- Any comforting meal(s) you like to eat after a long stressful day?
- What is your one wish for the future?
- How do you feel about social media?
- If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be and why?
- What makes you laugh inevitably?
- How would you like people to remember you?
- What are yourfavourite posts to write?
Thank you for reading!