As part of my effort to declutter my home, I wanted to share with you my Project Pan 2018 – which will be in two parts due to the extremely large amount of products I wish to use up. Also, this is a long post so you might want to grab a snack and a drink! 😀
To be honest, I had never heard of the “Project Pan” thing until about two weeks ago when I read a few blog posts about it. I was intrigued by the name and I must say I automatically fell in love with the concept!
If you are also new to this concept, let me explain: the Project Pan is a decluttering strategy in which you determine which cosmetics items you wish to use up this year. Everyone has a different technique, whether it’s finishing one product at a time, or trying to become better at rotating items in order to finish them faster.
My own strategy? Attacking my really old stuff first!! I will also try to forbid myself from using newer products until I have finished the older ones. 😦 Decluttering and finishing old products is a much-needed thing for me to do this year, after all my crazy hauls from last year… In 2018, hoarders gonna declutter!!
Below is what I hope to finish this year in my skincare and bath and body collection.
- Sephora “Instant depuffing roll-on gel”, 15mL. State: more or less 2/3 empty. I am not in love with this product (it’s sticky!) and it is OLD. Can’t wait to get rid of it.
- Mary Kay “Timewise age-fighting eye cream”, 18g. State: 75% empty. I find this tube too big for an eye cream: I’ve had it for years and it’s still not empty!
- Origins “GinZing energy-boosting treatment lotion mist”, 30mL. State: 10% empty. I love the smell of this line by Origins, but I prefer to use a moisturizer rather than a mist.
- Origins “GinZing energy-boosting moisturizer”, 30mL. State: 60% empty. This is a great lightweight moisturizer, but mine is getting old…
- Caudalie “Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum”, 30mL. State: 2/3 empty. I love this product as it really helps with the redness on my cheeks. However, I’ve had this serum for too long and I chipped the glass of the bottle when I dropped it on the floor…
- Caudalie “Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet”, 40mL. State: 10% empty. One of my favourite moisturizers to wear in the summer: it is so lightweight! But, I’ve had this tube for too long and it is starting to smell different… Need to finish this asap!
- ROC “Perfecting Toner”, 200mL. State: 10% empty. I can’t remember when I got this bottle… which is a bad sign! I never really use toner, but I need to finish this one up!
Bath and body
- Arbonne “Pure Mint deodorant”, 48g. State: about 1/3 empty. This smells divine but I need a deodorant that’s a bit stronger. #teamsweat
- Philosophy “Peppermint stick hand cream”, 30mL. State: 50% empty. The holiday season is over, and I am stuck with this cream, for the 2nd year… Because a peppermint hand cream is no fun in July, please, I need to finish this!
- Crabtree & Evelyn “Rosewater hand therapy”, 25g. State: 1/3 empty. This is so old, the brand redesigned the tube since I bought it! Still smells lovely though, but a bit too strong for my own taste.
- Kariderm “Hand cream”, 120mL. State: 50% empty. Not the most hydrating hand cream for the wintertime and it is starting to smell a bit weird.
- Arbonne “Daily self-adjusting shampoo with tea tree oil”, 532mL. State: 75% empty. This smells so good, but is a little bit too drying for my hair type.
- Arbonne “FC5 nourishing daily conditioner”, 207 mL. State: 50% empty. There’s no specific reason for finishing this one, I just have another conditioner waiting for me and I need space!
- The Body Shop “deep sleep essential oil”, 10mL. State: 60% empty. I love to add a few drops to warm water for a relaxing bath, but this oil is getting old.
- The Face Shop “Rice Water Bright light cleansing oil”, 150mL. State: 20% empty. I love this product but it’s expiring soon!!
- Mary Kay “Botanical effects mask”, 113g. State: brand new. This is very old, I think I bought it 2 years ago and still haven’t opened it. Masks are so easy to stack up! 😦
- Fruits & Passion “Honey pack mask”, 100mL. State: 50% empty. This expires soon! Need to finish it up! I love the texture of this mask though.
- Fruits & Passion “Clay pack mask”, 100mL. State: 20% empty. This also expires soon. Guess somebody is going to have a daily mask party! 😉
- Yves Rocher “3 min cranberry cooling effect mask”, 50mL. State: 20% empty. I’ve had this one for a long time, but it’s not expired! Will keep it for the summer, if the weather ever gets warm here!
- Origins “Clear improvement mask”, 30mL. State: 1/3 empty. I love this mask, but I have another mini size to use after this one.
With so many products in my Project Pan 2018, I feel like a superhero on a mission!!
Next post will be the second part of my Pan Project 2018, targetting my makeup and fragrance stash I wish to finish up this year! Stay tuned! ❤