Happy new year dear readers and friends!!
First of all, let me say thank you for sticking around with me in 2017 despite the blog’s concept change. I truly believe that this blog has become bigger, brighter, and bolder, and it will continue to grow in 2018 thanks to YOU! ❤
2018 has barely begun but I am sure that this new year will bring me so much more wisdom and memorable experiences. This year will also be extra special for me because I will have hit a few major milestones in my life: I will turn 25 (a quarter century!!), I will move out on my own, I will adopt a cat (or cats!!), and who knows what else?!
Clearly, I am VERY excited for this new year, so in order to make this my best year so far, I have picked a few goals (I don’t like the word “resolutions”) for myself:
- WordPress. I would love to reach 500 followers on WordPress (currently at 389).
- Instagram. I would love to reach 600 followers on Instagram (currently at 441). You can find me here or simply @beataroundtheblush ❤
- Writing. I would love to include more “educative” content, such as photography tips, makeup advice, self-care tips, etc. These posts take more time to write, and it’s not always easy to find the time in my busy schedule! But I will try my best.
- Beauty with a conscience. Try more local brands, green products, vegan cosmetics, etc.
- Makeup. I want to post more makeup looks! But the truth is, I almost never wear makeup anymore, only on special occasions.
- Exercise more. I know this is a classic one, but I swear this is the first year that I’m setting this goal for myself. Last year, a bought a 10-entry pass at my local gym and guess what… I haven’t used it up yet… 😦 I’m stuck at my desk all day!
- Become more fluent in Swedish. I started learning the language years ago, slowly but surely, but I stopped, due to a lack of time. I have an Assimil book and a great app, Duolingo, so that helps a lot!
- Become a cat mom. If you know me just a little, you know I am a crazy cat lady… who has never owned a cat! :O This year, I plan to rescue one or maybe two cats and I CAN’T wait!!!
- Eat vegetarian more often. I used to be a carnivore, but I am slowly shifting towards meatless options. If you have any recipes you love, feel free to send them my way!
- Declutter my home. I wouldn’t describe myself as a messy person, but I live surrounded by a TON of things: books, cosmetics, decorations, etc. I’d love to be more minimalist, but this will take some time.
Voilà! That’s it so far for my 2018 goals. What are your resolutions/goals/wishes this year?